< Back to Latest News
A broad stroke guide to choosing the right paving for you.
April 29, 2019
A pro and con list comparing natural stone to concrete
Getting to grips with your garden can be a very daunting task. With so many decisions to make, choosing the right paving for you can be one of the hardest. Here is a broad stroke guide to paving.
- Colour lasts forever, with the right maintenance
- Very strong, will outlast all of us
- Every flag is unique
- Can be very expensive in comparison to concrete alternative
- Requires a greater skill level to be laid correctly
- More likely to have problems with staining ‘picture framing’
- When a totally consistent colour and texture is required concrete is the only option
- Easier to lay
- Colour will fade
- When chipped aggregates are exposed
- Almost impossible to extend areas years later, with a consistent finish